Whiplash Treatment From Campion Chiropractic
Your or your loved one should seek whiplash treatment to avoid permanent musculoskeletal damage to the neck, loss of mobility, or neck surgery. Traditional treatment includes icing the neck, wearing a neck brace, and taking painkillers. However, they do not address the underlying damage resulting from whiplash. This is why many patients still seek treatment at Campion Chiropractic. Dr. Sehorn provide chiropractic care in College Station, TX, to patients looking to avoid the long-term complications of whiplash.
How Whiplash Happens
Whiplash injury, or neck strain, is a common auto accident injury. It happens from the violent flexion and extension of the head from the impact of a collision. The sudden forward and backward head movement stretches and damages the muscles and tendons in the neck. The cervical joints may also shift out of alignment or the cervical disc may bulge or herniate (rupture). A dislocated bone, joint, or disc can also press on the nerve. Whiplash also happens from a direct blow to the head during contact sports or from physical violence.
Common Whiplash Symptoms
Symptoms may show up right away, but not always. In some cases, it can take 24 hours, days, or weeks to manifest. This increases the risk of complications. Common symptoms include:
- A sharp, excruciating, or debilitating neck pain
- Neck stiffness, swelling, or tenderness
- Reduced range of motion
- Headaches at the base of the skull
- Migraines, dizziness, or blurry vision
- Pain radiates to the shoulder, arm, or hand
The pain may intensify when you move your head in on more directions. Pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness may also occur from a pinched nerve.
Chiropractic Care Can Help Treat Whiplash
We will perform a detailed physical exam and evaluation. You may also need to do an x-ray, MRI or CT scan of the head, neck and back regions. These imaging tests allow us to see whiplash injuries that are not visible to the naked eye. Based on the findings, our chiropractic team of doctors can personalize a whiplash treatment plan and integrate the following safe, non-invasive healing methods:
- Spinal Adjustments – Adjusting or realigning the cervical joints and bones helps ease the pressure on the nerve and tissue.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression – Gently stretching the spine increases disc space, so the herniated or bulging disc can pull back into position and heal.
- MLS Cold Laser Therapy – Provides additional pain-relief benefits, reduces swelling and inflammation, and speeds up soft tissue healing.
- Stretches/Corrective Exercises – Help strengthen the muscles, increase flexibility, and lower the risk of future neck strain.
Contact Campion Chiropractic For Whiplash Treatment
You can seek chiropractic care at Campion Chiropractic in College Station, TX, even if you feel fine after an auto accident just to make sure you are ok. Remember, prompt treatment from Dr. Sehorn can speed up your recovery. Call (979) 693-6500 to request an appointment today! We look forward to meeting you and helping you relieve your pain.