All-Natural Leg and Lower Back Pain Treatment at Campion Chiropractic Clinic
Have you been struggling with lower back pain and strange, debilitating symptoms in one or both legs? There's a very good chance that you're among the 40 percent of individuals who must contend with sciatica at some point in their lives. This uncomfortable syndrome can severely limit your ability to function and enjoy your regular activities. The good news is that you can overcome your sciatica without resorting to surgery, thanks to the all-natural leg and lower back pain treatment we provide here at Campion Chiropractic Clinic.
Causes and Signs of Sciatica
Sciatica may be thought of as a referred pain syndrome -- with the sciatic nerve and its major nerve roots doing the referring. The sciatic nerve that runs through each leg is the longest and thickest nerve in the body, sending and receiving all the nerve signals from the limb's subsidiary nerves. Nerve roots attach the top of the sciatic nerve to the lumbar and sacral regions of the spinal cord. This area is often a source of trouble, because even a slight misalignment in neighboring spinal components can pinch the nerve roots. Common causes include:
- An acute injury that produces a subluxated vertebrae and/or herniated discs
- Bulging discs that poke out from the spinal column to press against nerve tissue
- Pressure from surrounding bones due to spinal stenosis or spondylolisthesis
- Weak muscular support, excess weight, or an untreated misalignment
When the sciatic nerve roots are pinched, nerve signals malfunction, causing the symptoms you know and dread. Lower back pain is a common sciatica symptom. You may also experience tingling, pain, loss of muscle strength, and numbness in your leg or foot.
Chiropractic Care, Spinal Decompression and Other Sciatica Treatments
Sciatica may come and go until you treat its underlying triggers. Fortunately, surgery is only necessary in the most severe cases. Most individuals can obtain relief through the natural techniques we offer at our chiropractic clinic. Our team can administer X-rays of the spine to identify disc problems, vertebral subluxation, injuries, or degenerative conditions, showing us exactly what we need to do to help you feel and function better. Your sciatica treatment plan may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to normalize your spinal alignment
- Non-surgical spinal decompression to shift bulging or herniated discs away from sensitive sciatic nerve roots
- Acupuncture and cold laser therapy for pain relief
- Nutritional counseling to help you shed unwanted pounds
Need a Lower Back Pain Chiropractor Near College Station?
If you need a lower back pain chiropractor near College Station who can relieve your sciatica, the team at Campion Chiropractic Clinic is here to help. Call (979) 693-6500 today!