Come See Campion Chiropractic Clinic for Your Knee Pain
Knee pain can restrict almost all movements that require using the knee joint. As a certified chiropractic sports practitioner in College Station, Texas, Dr. Nathan Sehorn want to prevent this from happening by providing you with immediate drug-free treatment at Campion Chiropractic. Your personalized wellness plan will consist of integrative chiropractic techniques and therapies proven to provide long-lasting pain relief. They are most effective in eliminating pain and healing soft tissue when combined and delivered systematically.
The Knee Joint
The knee is a hinge joint surrounded by three main bones the patella (knee cap), femur (thighbone), and tibia (shinbone). Pain in the knee typically stems from injuries affecting this flexible joint, the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or cartilages.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
The leading causes are linked to sudden or acute injuries, for example, a direct blow to the knee during sports activities. Chronic or underlying conditions due to aging, excess weight, repetitive use, or joint inflammation are other common causes. They include:
- Arthritis or gout
- Ligament sprain
- Knee cap dislocation
- Knee cap fracture
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Runner's knee (knee tendonitis)
- Torn knee cartilage (meniscal tears)
Typical Pain Symptoms
You may experience mild, severe, or excruciating pain depending on the underlying cause. A throbbing pain around or inside the knee cap is also common. These symptoms can make it difficult to walk, run, bend, climb stairs, or do other weight-bearing activities. Other pain symptoms are:
- Knee instability
- Knee buckling
- Stiffness, tenderness, or swelling
- Grinding sensation when moving the knee
Campion Chiropractic in College Station is Ideal for Knee Pain
In addition to bracing and Rock Tape or Dynamic Tape techniques, our chiropractors offer these natural, non-invasive treatment options:
- Joint Adjustment/Manipulation: Chiropractic manipulation and mobilization of the knee joint and connective tissue help to realign the dislocated knee cap. This relieves the pain significantly. The controlled forced used to perform the adjustment technique also helps to reduce inflammation, improve range of motion, and allow soft tissue to heal.
- Corrective Exercises: Exercise therapy works to rehabilitate the injured soft tissue and relieve joint restriction. It also strengthens and stabilizes the knee cap, correct muscle imbalances, and improve flexibility.
- Myofascial Release or Graston Therapy: These treatments pave the way for soft tissue healing. In addition to relaxing stiff muscles, MFR and Graston therapy improves blood circulation to the injured tissue which in turn reduces inflammation, alleviates aches and pains, and speeds up healing.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Cold laser therapy also reduces pain, soft tissue inflammation and accelerates healing.
Get Back on Your Feet with Knee Pain Treatment by Visiting Campion Chiropractic Clinic in College Station, Texas
Prevent knee injury and pain from limiting your mobility by getting chiropractic care at Campion Chiropractic. We provide chiropractic care to patients from College Station, TX, and nearby cities. Your specialized pain management plan will depend on your diagnosis. Schedule your appointment today by calling 979-693-6500.