Preventing Back-to-School Aches and Pain at Campion Chiropractic in College Station, Texas
Though the school year has already started, it's never too late (or too early, for that matter) to address a nagging injury. To help your children avoid neck pain, back pain, and other conditions which can distract them from academics and athletics, we encourage you to book an appointment with our chiropractic team in College Station, Texas.
Causes of School-Related Back Pain, Neck Pain, and Shoulder Pain
Back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain are common complaints among school kids of all ages. Whether due to joint or muscle strains, these types of issues can crop up for a variety of reasons:
- Backpacks: if children wear backpacks improperly, pack them improperly, or load them too heavily, they can strain your child's shoulders and back
- Excessive sitting: prolonged sitting in chairs, especially if slouched or maintaining one posture, can put a lot of strain on tissues in the spine and weaken core musculature, which exacerbates the problem
- Text neck: looking down at cellphones can cause a lot of strain in the head, neck, and shoulders
Tips for Preventing School-Related Conditions
We want your child to have a long and healthy academic career! Here are some of our tips for a pain-free school year:
- Encourage kids to wear both shoulder straps while carrying their backpacks.
- Get backpacks with wide padded shoulder straps and small compartments for even loading. Place heaviest items toward the bottom and rear of the bag. Position the bag just at or below the waist.
- Don't load backpacks to heavier than 10-15% of your child's weight.
- Teach your child to hold their phone at eye level and switch positions frequently while sitting in their chairs.
- See our chiropractic team at Campion Chiropractic as soon as possible for drug-free services to realign the spine, reduce pain, and improve posture!
Want Natural Healing for a Healthy School Year?
Call Campion Chiropractic Clinic at (979) 693-6500 to schedule an appointment with a College Station chiropractor, Dr. Karen Campion or Dr. Nathan Sehorn.