Campion chiropractic in College Station, Texas Can Diagnose, Treat & Help Prevent Your Sports Injury
Dr. Campion, Dr. Sehorn, and the rest of our College Station chiropractic sports team believes in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and it is important and possible for everyone. That's why we're proud to provide a variety of services for the athletes in your life—including yourself.
Common Sports Injuries Seen by a Sports Injury Chiropractor
- Tendonitis—chronic inflammation of a tendon—is a common issue seen by our sports injury chiropractor team. This condition, which often involves pain, tenderness, swelling, and decreased range of motion, may be brought on by a number of factors:
- Overuse—this does not necessarily mean high volume training but rather inadequate preparation for, adaptation to, and recovery from training (seen in everyone from weekend warriors to serious competitors)
- Improper technique and body mechanics
- Improper equipment
Other types of chronic inflammation include bursitis (in the fluid filled sacs called bursae), plantar fasciitis (in the arch of your foot, a major cause of heel pain), and medial and lateral epicondylitis (inflammation to the inner and outer connective tissues at the elbow—better known as golfer's elbow and tennis elbow). We also see other types of sports injuries, including (but not limited to):
- Muscle strains (e.g., rotator cuff tears)
- Ligament sprains (e.g., ACL/MCL injuries)
- Disc injuries (bulge or herniation)
- Whiplash (typically from contact sports)
Of course, no particular sport or skill level (beginner vs. advanced) is immune to a sports-related injury. Rather, your risk for injury depends on several factors, in addition to the ones listed above:
- Improper rest and sleep
- Improper nutrition
- Impaired mobility, strength, and muscle length imbalances
- Psychological stress
- Relative fitness level and experience
Why Chiropractic Care Is Ideal for Athletes—Even Without Injury
A chiropractor can benefit an athlete in many ways:
- We use natural and non-invasive techniques like corrective exercises, cold laser therapy, spinal adjustments and extremity adjustments to facilitate whole body healing and symptom relief
- We don't prescribe medication—so as a serious competitive athlete, you'll never have to worry about failing a drug test by unknowingly taking a banned substance from us!
- Because our treatments work with your body's ability to self-heal, your risk of adverse reactions and excessive downtime is minimal to none
We can even help you before you have an injury at all by assessing hidden factors (e.g., posture, range of motion, muscle imbalances that pre-exist prior to an acute injury, imbalance in body mechanics) and addressing these before an injury happens.